1. If any public library or independent bookstore would have me, I would move in in a second. I am an avid reader, and have been since I learned how at the age of three. Yes, three. I try to keep an accurate catalog of what I’m reading; check out the book list tab for the most up-to-date information.
2. As an adopted native of the state of Florida, I love many things native to the Sunshine State- citrus fruit, outdoor running (I race often- nope, not a marathoner), the beach (best place to nap on this earth), and Walt Disney World (one of my favorite places to run).
3. In college I was a film minor and did my thesis on documentary film. My avid love of the motion picture lives on, and you will undoubtedly see it in my writing at some point. I also developed a love for standup comedy during my time on my college programming board, and that love survives in my writing as well.
4. My two favorite games are Scrabble and Tetris. I will take on any challengers at any point.
5. I can eat ice cream irrespective of outdoor temperature, and am constantly complaining about the number of ice cream establishments that close in New England in the winter.
6. Related point: Rhode Island is a second home to me. It is where I went to college, and was the first place I chose to live in my lifetime. It holds a very special place in my heart.
7. Favorite TV shows (alphabetical): Archer, Arrested Development, Bob’s Burgers, Futurama, Home Movies, Mad Men, Moone Boy, The Office, Parks and Recreation, Scandal, and Seinfeld.
8. Favorite Movies (in order of preference): An American in Paris, The Philadephia Story, A Beautiful Mind, Shakespeare in Love, Vertigo, Midnight in Paris.
9. I have loved music in (nearly) all forms all my life, and am particularly fond of movie scores, folk music, piano-driven rock, and electronic music that doesn’t make your heart hurt (i.e. Glitch Mob, Pretty Lights, James Blake).
Among my favorite live music experiences: any number of times I’ve seen Something Corporate or Jack’s Mannequin, Childish Gambino, Pearl Jam, Straylight Run, Muse, Ron Pope, and John Williams. Yup, that one.
10. I’m a poor estimator. Thought I’d need ten items, and only used nine. Carry on.