Update on the summer of writing: I’m getting deeper in the research stage, but am still writing snippets as (what I deem) graceful blocks of text come to mind. Here’s hoping it all makes sense at the end 🙂
That said, it is the thoughts and experiences of colleagues and friends that will truly help this project live. A few people have asked me how they can contribute, and I’ve finally figured out the easiest way to do it. Below, there are three big questions. Depending on which temperament you identify with, you can answer as few or as many of the questions as you like. If you’re not sure what you are, but would still like to contribute, please get in touch- I’d still love your thoughts 🙂
If you wish to contribute, I would love to hear your take any or all of the following questions:
(1) Looking back over your time as a professional, or even further back if you’d like, can you think of an incident or situation where “you knew” you were introverted?
(2) What situations at work challenge you the most, due to your temperament?
(3) What strategies have proven helpful for managing the stresses of working in a field that isn’t always built for, or easy for, introverts?
This project isn’t going to live without your thoughts, so I want to hear from you too. I would love to hear your take on the following questions:
(1) Based on your understanding of the concept of introversion (more guidance can be found here), what elements of it confuse you or are hard to understand?
(2) What situations do you suspect introverted professionals would find challenging?
(3) Can you think of any ways that work environments could be made more even for people of different temperaments?
I’ll be accepting responses over the next few weeks via comments to this thread, or you can email me at amma [dot] marfo [at] gmail [dot] com. I’m so excited to emerge from under the books and articles, and help this project live and breathe through your words 🙂 Thanks so much!!